- Types of Information We Collect
At the outset, you are free to refrain from sharing your information with us. We may collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We may also collect information which may be Sensitive Personal Information. We collect the following categories of information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password
- Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us on our Website, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- Information you provide in public forumson our Website
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use our Website, our Website on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- Location information when you visit our Website, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with our Website, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Website on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
- How and Why We Collect Your Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our Website or use our Website on third-party sites or platforms.
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
- The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at the Website. We use your information for internal record keeping, to assist sellers in handling orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders, products, services and promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us, display content such as wish lists and customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website, for market research purposes and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Information that cannot be uploaded
You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on the Website that:
- belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harms minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonates another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update and delete your registration account;
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts;
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- You may choose whether we share your personal informationwith other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
- You may choose whether to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers;
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact.
- Children’s Privacy
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you may use the Website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
However, we recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our Website. Some of the features on our Website are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we make best endeavors to take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parentsabout our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information;
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children;
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity;
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted.
- Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
However, we may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree and consent for the Website to disclose your information, if so required under the applicable law.
- Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
- Contact in case of Grievances
If you have any concern about privacy or grievances at the Website, please contact us with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
- Comments and Questions
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information. In the United States and Latin America, the term “children” refers to individuals under 13 years of age. In India, the term “children” refers to individuals under 18 years of age.
IP address. An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your company, or your university. We may use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our Website, and we may combine IP addresses with personal information.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our Website, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Parents. Parents mean a parent or legal guardian of the Children.
Personal information. Personal information means and includes information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) and Sensitive Personal Information. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Public Forums. Our Website may offer message boards, conversation pages, blogs, chat rooms, social community environments, profile pages, and other forums that do not have a restricted audience. If you provide personal information when you use any of these features, that personal information may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. To request removal of your personal information from a public forum on our Website, please contact.
Sensitive Personal Information. Sensitive Personal Information shall have the meaning ascribed to it under the applicable law and is presently defined to mean such personal information which consists of information relating to (i) passwords; (ii) financial information such as bank accounts or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; (iii) physical, physiological and mental health conditions; (iv) sexual orientation; (v) medical records and history; (vi) Biometric information; (vii) any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and (viii) any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise; provided that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal information.
Website. Website means service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
- Accessing Your Registration Account
You can access and update the contact information you gave us during registration (that is, your postal address, email address, or any other information that would directly enable us to contact you) or delete your registration account, here. [link to local account management page(s)]
- Accessing Your Child’s Registration Account
To request access and update the information your child gave us during registration or to request that we delete your child’s registration account, please contact.
- Exercising Marketing Choices
To modify a general marketing permission that you provided when you registered and set up your account (or any later changes to that permission), please contact. Following our receipt of your request to cease using your personal information for marketing purposes, we may require a reasonable period of time to update our systems to fully implement your request.
- Choices for Subscriptions, Newsletters and Alerts
In addition to the general marketing choices managed above, you may choose to subscribe or unsubscribe to a number of communications covering a variety of topics.
Online Tracking and Advertising
- Online Tracking and Advertising
We and certain service providers operating on our behalf collect information about your activity on our Website using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons. Definitions for the tracking technologies listed, as well as information regarding how to disable them, are available below. This tracking data is used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our Website; for example, remembering your shipping information for future purchases
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location
- Monitor and evaluate the use and operation of our Website
- Analyze traffic on our Website and on the sites of third parties
We may associate this tracking data with your registration account, in which case we will treat it as personal information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online. Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our Website and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our Website and on third-party sites and applications, but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account. You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
- Online Tracking Technologies
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- Flash cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our Website to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies, you won’t have access to many features that make your guest experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.